Site Pollution Liability insurance, also known as Premises Pollution, Environmental
Impairment Liability (EIL insurance), and Pollution Legal Liability (PLL),
is designed to cover claims arising from pollution releases at, on, or
emanating from a specific scheduled location. A “location” can
be as broad as an entire piece of property or as narrow as a specified
How does Site Pollution insurance work?
Optional Coverage Enhancements:
- Coverage is triggered either by a claim for damages
from a third party, or by the discovery of contamination
above “Action Levels” on the insured’s
- “Action Levels” are a very important concept
to understand. These levels are set in every community
on a Federal, State, or local level. They represent the
allowable concentration of any contaminant for the area
in which the contaminant is discovered.
- Policies clean up pollutants to the acceptable level
dictated by the governing authority. In other words,
if you have pristine land on which you spill diesel fuel,
you will end up with whatever the allowable level of
diesel fuel is by the governing authority.
- Coverage can be modified to cover only new conditions
occurring from policy inception onward, or unknown pre-existing
conditions, or both.
- Coverage can be constructed to apply to only On Site
Bodily Injury, Property Damage, and Clean Up, or only
Offsite, or both.
- Coverage is very flexible.
- Coverage is almost always Claims Made.
Who buys it?
- Mold, Fungus, and Legionella coverage.
- Non-owned disposal site coverage.
- Illicit abandonment.
- Transportation Pollution Liability coverage.
- Can be packaged with Products Pollution.
Cost and Limits:
- Property Owners, Operators, and Managers.
- Industrial facilities, including recyclers, storage
sites, landfills, warehouses, manufacturers, etc.
- Any purchasers or sellers of properties.
- Stand alone environmental impairment liability insurance
currently costs as little as $3,000
- Deductibles start at $2,500
- Limits are available from $500,000/$500,000 to $25,000,000.
Contact Us today to get your quote!